Monday, March 4, 2013

Sick Kiddo's

So my hot date wakes me up this morning coughing in my face (he crawled in bed with me last night). I leaned over to feel his face and he was burning up. I bolted upright and felt his back and his neck to see if they were hot too and in my mind I was going over all medicines I had in stock and weighing his symptoms against them. Finally I decided on a prescription medicine we got a few months back that has a cough suppressant in it. An hour later the cough is down to almost nothing. I chose not to treat the fever as it is just a side effect of all the other junk going on and it is going down as well. 


Sick children are no fun and sick babies are the worst to deal with when they are ill. Because they are not able to tell you what is wrong AT ALL!! Praise God we are past that stage. My son can actually tell me what is going on and what hurts. No running back and forth to the pediatrician because I am unable to guess what is going on. So now he isn't coughing up a storm but he is still sick.  What can you do for a child that is on the mend but not completely well enough to go to school? Here is what I do:

No school today!
1. My son loves to snuggle and watch movies and shows. Mainly superhero stuff (hmmm, wonder where he gets that from?)
2. We read stories in the bed or on the couch and I still make all the voices.
3. He gets hot tea and bagels for brunch, when he is sick he does not really want to eat.
4. While he is showering tonight I will put his towel in the dryer on high so that when he is done I can wrap him up in all that warmth.....this is his favorite thing!
5. Geting to play his video games and Wii longer than I would normally let him.


These are not absolutes but guides. Find something to enjoy about your children at every stage, it all goes by so fast. And until our next hot date.........

No comments:

Post a Comment